Position Title: Equipment Technician
Last Revised: May 2021
Department: Operations/Non-Exempt Supervisor’s
Report Title: Engineering Manager
Support manufacturing operations by installing, maintaining, & repairing equipment. Key player in equipment uptime, quality & run rate.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training.
- Associate degree in technical discipline preferred.
- 2 years of experience in equipment setup, electronics assembly, semiconductor, LCD technology or related field.
- Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems operation and repair.
- Assist with equipment installations, startup, & qualifications.
- Perform preventive maintenance & calibrations on equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical & mechanical equipment & material problems.
- Assist engineering with process developments.
- Collect & report data on process, product, or machine performance.
- Monitor equipment uptime, report & propose solutions to equipment issues.
- Run production equipment & train operators as needed.
- Review new or old documentation for accuracy and/or compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- High mechanical aptitude with the use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand, electrical schematics, equipment manuals & mechanical drawings.
- Use of measurement devices – i.e. calipers, force gauges, DMMs, microscopes, etc.
- Ability to work in cleanrooms * Strong communication skills with supervisors, operators, & peers.