Position Title: Operator
Last Revised: 4/22/2021
Department/FLSA Status: Operations/Non-Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Production Supervisor
Operators perform manufacturing processes in the following areas: front & back-end display production, RFID inlay/tag production & testing, and camera assembly & testing. Initially operators are assigned to one area and after learning required specifications will be cross trained in as many areas as possible to meet production schedule demands.
• HS Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions & adhere to ESD, cleanroom gowning, & safety protocols.
Duties for each area include and are not limited to: Micro-Display:
- PI coating: Clean all products, coating, & align silicon wafers.
- Assembly: Assemble glass wafers to silicon wafers.
- Saw: Saw wafers into cell form.
- Fill: Fill displays with liquid crystal.
- Test: Testing all products through various methods.
- Inspection: Inspect products to ensure customer specs are met.
- Packaging: Cell attach & wire bond products to customer flex or board RFID.
- RFID Inlay Assembly: Operation, set-up, & routine preventative maintenance of automated, roll-to-roll manufacturing line.
- RFID Conversion Dry to Wet: Operation, set up & routine preventive maintenance of automated roll to roll manufacturing line.
- RFID Testing: Variety of performance & characterization testing of RFID inlays & labels.
- RFID 4.0 Tags: Operation, set-up, & routine preventive maintenance of equipment including spring assembly, measuring, auto-tester, & seed preparation.
- RFID 3.5 Tags: Operation, set-up, & routine preventive maintenance of equipment including various manual equipment & testing equipment LCD assembly.
- Camera Assembly: Operation & set-up of assembly equipment.
- Camera Testing: Performance & characterization testing of cameras.
- LCD Backlight Assembly: Assembly of parts manually & with use of fixtures.
- Solder: Assembly of components onto PCBs, hand soldering, & inspection.
- Surface Mount (SMT): Placement of components onto PCBs using solder printing & placement equipment, solder reflow in oven, & inspection All Areas: Other duties as assigned KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES.
- Prior cleanroom experience preferred.
- Capable of frequent Microscope utilization.