Position Title: Quality Engineer
Supervisor’s Title: Director, Engineering
- Develop, plan, organize and personally assist in operations to ensure the stable operation and compliance of HTI’s Integrated Management System (Quality and Environmental). This includes developing, educating, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline (preferably Industrial or Mechanical Engineering) or combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with WinSPC, Minitab, Visio software, or equivalent software.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) an added advantage
- Experience with AIAG Core Tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Error Proofing, and Control Plans desired.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to interpret contracts, drawings, specifications, including customer specific requirements and special characteristics, procedures, test procedures, inspection and test analysis, as required.
- Ensures critical information is documented and communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in creating, updating and maintaining policies, processes, procedures and documentation including control plans, FMEA, operator instructions, PPAP, APQP, MSA, corrective action processes, audits, feedback and scorecards.
- Ability to effectively train others on best quality practices.
- Serve as the Quality Expert. Provide direction and make decisions based on customer, supplier and internal quality requirements.
- Understand and apply problem solving techniques, develop plans, issue CAR’s, monitors, documents and confirm completion.
- Develop, enhance, and ensure that training on applicable Quality and Environmental policies, procedures, requirements and objectives are accurate, understood and followed.
- Provide Quality training and expertise with regards to materials, supplier quality, inspection requirements, data collection, control plans, FMEA’s and communicates issues
- Supports continual improvement activities to enhance the IMS (Quality and Environmental systems), such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, reacting to, and reporting on quality metrics and objectives, including SPC, process capability, and yield.
- Drive action based on information, up to and including stopping production or shipments, if situation warrants. Communicates appropriately.
- Setting quality objectives and organizing related training
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with ISO 9001
- Experience with IATF 16949 (Automotive) and/or ISO 13485 (Medical Devices) preferred
- Experience in electronics manufacturing preferred.
- Detail and results oriented with decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior organization and problem-solving skills.
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job classification. They are not to be construed as a contract of any type nor an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.